[tex-live] TEXMFLOCAL vs. TEXMFMAIN

Nobuyuki Tsuchimura tutimura at nn.iij4u.or.jp
Fri Nov 16 04:25:11 CET 2007

  Hi all,

  I can't understand why "$TEXMFMAIN" is given higher priority
over "$TEXMFLOCAL" in the default definition of TEXMF in "texmf.in".

http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/kpathsea/texmf.in?view=markup
>> TEXMF = {$TEXMFCONFIG,$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFDIST}

I guess it's a simple typo since teTeX-3.0,
because in other places "$TEXMFLOCAL" is given higher priority,
like in a comment few lines above, and in the definition of SYSTEXMF.
>> %   TEXMF = {$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN}
>> SYSTEXMF = $TEXMFSYSVAR;$TEXMFLOCAL;$TEXMFMAIN;$TEXMFDIST

Thanks,
-- Nobuyuki Tsuchimura