[tex-live] [dev-context] New Debian TeX packages for Etch

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Nov 5 18:47:42 CET 2007

Hi Norbert,

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> The new packages uploaded some time ago by myself to Debian unstable have
> been backported to etch are as usual available on people.debian.org.
> Don't forget that you will also need lmodern and context for
> texlive-full.
>
> Binaries of texlive-bin 2007.dfsg.1-1 are currently only for i386, I
> hope to get powerpc binaries soon. amd64 I will build myself rather
> soon.

I am using ubuntu 7.10 (amd64) and installed context using the debian
repositories without any problem. However, the directory structure of the
documentation has been reorganized, and it does not work correctly.

What I usually do is

locate show-man.pdf | xargs gnome-open

which opens show-main.pdf.gz from /usr/share/doc/context-doc-nonfree/showcase/

Now suppose I wan to open the charts manual. The show-man.pdf links to
general/manuals/mchart.pdf while mcharts.pdf is at
/usr/share/doc/context-doc-nonfree/manuals/ and the file is named
mchart.pdf.gz.

So, there are two differences here. The files are organized in a different
directory structure, and have a different extension. Is there some way
this can be corrected at the packaging end?

Thank you.

Aditya