[tex-live] can TeXLive under ubuntu 7.10 access style files in a Windows partition?

Colin Rowat c.rowat at espero.org.uk
Mon Nov 5 09:59:59 CET 2007

Thank you Reinhard and Zdeněk.

As I more interested in getting my texlive running properly now than in
its efficient operation, I have removed the "!!" prepend to $MIKTEX in
the .cfg file.

I have run texhash (just double clicking it in a Nautilus window and
selecting "run from terminal") and did run latex from a command line
with the "-d -1" options - which I understood (perhaps incorrectly) to
enable the kpathsea debugging.  I could not easily find a debugging
logfile, though, so am not sure that this worked properly.

I think, then, at this point, that the easiest thing for me to do is to
not use latexcad - an obsolete drawing package that I used in Windows as
it allows any text inside it to be compiled and set with LaTeX as well.
I should be able to work around this with xfig.

Again, thank you for your help in getting this to work.

Best,

Colin Rowat