[tex-live] post build of source.tar.bz2 (updmap-sys and kpsewhich)

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu May 31 18:31:19 CEST 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Frank Küster wrote:

> "Edd Barrett" <vext01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> You could run --syncwithtrees once and use the generated
> >> updmap.cfg.  Or use more complicated approaches (which allow for
> >> easy adding of third-party fonts) like our update-updmap stuff in
> >> Debian.
> >
> > Please read the original post as to why --syncwithtrees did not work
> > for me.
>
> The answer to the "why" isn't really in that post.  Someone has
> pointed to the source file where the error message comes from, but I
> think it would be equally important for debugging to know which file
> you tried to run through pdflatex.

and also, actually which pdftex.map has been read in? From which
directory? I would first locate _any_and_all_ pdftex.map files in the
overall BSD system (there might be several). Then, in which of these
appears a map line that starts e. g. with lcbm2488? How does the rest of
the line look like? Do you know why this line is in this pdftex.map? If
not, why not scrap the pdftex.map? In which directory is this
pdftex.map? Does this directory have any relationship to the ported TeX
tree? Questions... :-)

Regards, Hartmut