[tex-live] Non-free parts within TeXLive 2007

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 15 12:35:19 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> > OK, the windoes lib is not the problem, also I can skip dvi2tty
> > but what is about mreadme.tex from ConTeXt?
>
> Have you read it?

i have.

> The file simply describes the fact that the manuals are released
> under the Creative Commons "Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike"
> license.  And sure enough, non of the manuals are on TeXLive.
>
> I don't see the problem.

the file is itself documentation.  looking at the stuff we have on ctan,
i've found one or two other documentation files.

afaict, we should mark the distribution as nocommercial.

as a matter of interest, do you know _why_ the docs are nocommercial?
is it stated policy that you have to have a net connection to use
context?

robin