[tex-live] TeX Live 2007 xetex, xdvipdfmx shared library woes on Solaris 10 sparc

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 8 19:29:24 CEST 2007

    Can the blastwave-supplied libs be distributed as part of TeX Live?

We do something similar for i386-solaris, where Apostolos (who built the
binaries) sent me a few necessary 3rd party libraries.  I put them into
the distribution as a zip file and added instructions at the end of the
install script so that someone installing i386-solaris would be told to
install them.

So it would be easy to do something similar for other architectures.

Integrating the libraries into the TL build process, on the other hand,
sounds like a great deal of trouble.

karl

P.S. Paul, very glad (and a bit surprised) to see you installing TeX Live!