[tex-live] [MetaPost] truncated map file

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Sun May 6 15:41:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

there is a bug in MetaPost v1.000 distributed with MiKTeX that Taco
couldn't reproduced on GNU/Linux (with TeXLive?).  Could someone please
recheck if the following bug can be observed with TeXLive on Windows?

The line containing "fontmapfile" needs to be adjusted to TeXLive.  Just
deleting it could also be sufficient.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

> during compilation of the attached file the name of the map file is
> truncated on the console and in the log file:
>
>                 |----- A 'p' is missing here.
>> > (prologue.mp{dftex_dl14.map} [1] )
>> > 1 output file written: prologue.1
>> > Transcript written on prologue.log.
>
> I can observe the bug with MetaPost v0.994 and v1.000 on Windows (MiKTeX).
>
> Best regards,
> Stephan Hennig

fontmapfile "pdftex_dl14.map";
beginfig(1);