[tex-live] buf-size

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 31 00:01:06 CEST 2007

    Is it possible to set the max to (say) 10.000.000? (tex.web)

Actually the sup_ and inf_ stuff is part of tex.ch rather than
tex.web (or the new pdftex.web), as far as I can tell.

For regular old tex, ie, TL's Build/source/texk/web2c/tex.ch, I tacked
on a couple of zeros to sup_buf_size:
@!sup_buf_size = 30000000;

Martin, can you make the analogous change for pdftex please?
(Assuming you have no objection.)

Jonathan, if buf_size is still relevant in xetex-land, you may as well
do it too?

Last year I recall that we discussed increasing all those sup_* values
to their maximum allowed (no reason not to), but no one (including me,
sigh) ever actually did it.  Would anyone like to prepare a patch for
that?

Thanks,
Karl