[tex-live] texdoc should always use TEXDOCS

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Fri Mar 16 08:11:32 CET 2007

"George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/15/07, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>
>>     Sure -- each linux distro has its own fork
>>
>> Of course.  I meant an upstream single source to whom the patch should
>> be reported.
>
> My understanding is that the single upstream source dried up when T.E.
> stopped maintaining tetex and nobody stepped up to continue his good
> works.

In a way, TeXLive is the successor of teTeX.  At least this is how Linux
(or other) distributions should see it, unless they want to either stick
with teTeX 3.0 for ever, or maintain it themselves.

And all the great tools Thomas developed are maintained in TeXLive,
aren't they?

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster