[tex-live] Bug in TexLive 2005 and 2007? Non-writable aux-file

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Mar 10 11:51:37 CET 2007

David Kastrup wrote:

> This is basically a single application on a single operating system
> phenomenon (Acrobat reader on Windows).

Near everybody in the real world out there uses Windows (either
by choice or because of policy decisions), and almost all of those
users use Acrobat reader to look at PDFs.

The Reader is a badly designed program, but unless you know of an
alternative that can display PDFs with the same quality and same
extensive feature set, we are stuck with it.

Somebody on tex-implementors suggested an Abort/Retry/Fail approach
like DOS used to have, and that makes sense to me. Definately on
Windows, but I would like to have that as well (and I am on linux).

Best wishes,
Taco