[tex-live] [TL 2008] Packaging TeXLive: Not running fmtutil, updmap, texlinks, mktexlsr upon make install

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 6 02:08:51 CET 2007

Hi Frank,

    it does not make sense to run fmtutil-sys, updmap-sys and mktexlsr
    upon "make install",

Cool.  As far as I can see, it doesn't make sense for the normal TL
binary build, either, since that also is done into a scratch directory.

So can you change the patch so that --without-install-extra is the
default, and --with-install-extra is the option?

    Here, some links need to be created even in the case of
    --without-install-extra, but with my patch @FMU@ becomes '#' and they

I'm sorry, I'm not following.  What links are you referring to?

Thanks,