[tex-live] troubles with texlive 2007 + mathtime + lucida

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Sat Mar 3 01:17:51 CET 2007

2007/3/3, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
> But I still think that it would be a mistake to restore them, for all
> the reasons that I initially proposed removing them, and one more: given
> that they have been removed in this release, I can't see that it will
> help anyone at all to restore them in the future.  Anyone troubled by
> their removal will have already dealt with the issue, so putting them
> back would just create more trouble.

The problem with the evolution of lucida's TeX integration over the
years is that old documents (e.g. from 1996) will either not work
anymore or silently(!) produce different results now (if they use
OT1). Neither is acceptable. I understand the desire to introduce new
features, but not breaking old documents should be a priority.

Best
   Martin