[tex-live] Problem with russian fonts in TexLive 2007

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Mar 2 22:30:08 CET 2007

Hello Andrey,

    ! Font T2A/cmr/m/n/10=larm1000 at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not fo

It would seem mktextfm is not being called on Windows, at least I see no
sign of it in the log you sent.  Akira/Staszek, is that expected?
Ordinarily the Cyrillic tfm's (and mf's) are generated that way.

Or, Andrey, did you install a subset of packages?  (The default is to
install everything.)

All I can suggest is downloading the pregenerated mf files that Olga
provides (at http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/cyrillic/lh/), and
making the tfm's yourself.  Olga, perhaps it would be useful to provide
a .zip file of tfm's, too?

Thanks for the report.

karl