[tex-live] [bug] The euro sign does not work in ConTeXt

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Mar 1 09:22:04 CET 2007

Hi,

I just saw Karl's message about lucida, and I realised I have another
entry for bugs.html to report.

In the standard setup, ConTeXt on tex-live will raise an error when
you try to typeset a Euro sign. This is because ConTeXt's euro sign
in the default font encoding (EC) came from the marvosym font, but
the tfm file (fmvr8x.tfm) is now renamed so it can't be found anymore.

The problem can be worked around by adding the next two lines to
the local cont-sys.tex (on in the document preamble)

   \definefontsynonym[fmvr8x][umvs]
   \loadmapline[+][umvs MarVoSym <marvosym.pfb]

Cheers, Taco