[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jun 30 23:18:50 CEST 2007

    If you have Debian in mind, use Python.  But a Python script is
    useless for TeXLive.  It will not work on all platforms.

In this particular case, I don't see much difference between a Python
script and a Perl/Tk script in terms of portability.  We aren't and
won't be including all the support for either one in TL.

So if Florent has the time and inclination to move this forward, I think
it'd be an excellent step forward to have a new and improved version in
Python vs. an unmaintained version in Perl.