[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed Jun 27 10:35:10 CEST 2007

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

> texdoc_viewer = {
>    dvi  = '(start "" %s ) &',
>    html = '(start "" %s) &',
>    pdf = '(start "" %s) &'
> };
>
> On Windows filename extensions are associated with programs.

On (Debian) GNU/Linux, too, actually we use "see %s".

But I guess there's a problem with "start":  Won't it return at once
when the viewer has been launched?  This would only work for
uncompressed files.  For compressed, I need a command like

"($startcommand $filename; rm $filename; rmdir $tempdir) &"

and I guess this works only if "rm" is only executed after startcommand
doesn't need and lock $filename any more.  Or will the file stay opened
and present on disk until the viewer exits, without being accessible in
any directory?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster