[tex-live] texconfig-sys: runs updmap instead of updmap-sys

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 12 20:47:20 CEST 2007

    I do not see any good reason to call updmap here.

Because "texconfig init" should initialize the system?
(That is what we're talking about, right?)
Why shouldn't it call updmap?  Certainly map files are part of the system.

Right now, texconfig init does three things:
          ...   fmtutil --all \
             && texlinks --multiplatform \
             && updmap ...

    It's no problem to add an extra option to allow people to run updmap
    from the menu.

That could only help, in any case.  Go for it.

    I'm wondering whether it makes more sense to integrate the stuff from
    texconfig-sys into texconfig and make texconfig-sys a symlink.

Either way.  If you want to do the merge, that's fine by me.  If you
want to leave it to me, I will just do the variable export :).

Thanks,
Karl