[tex-live] texconfig-sys: runs updmap instead of updmap-sys

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Mon Jun 11 17:05:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

texconfig-sys is a wrapper around texconfig which mostly just sets
TEXMFVAR and TEXMFCONFIG to the corresponding SYS variables and then
calls texconfig.  However, in texconfig (around line 1151 in my local
copy) the command "init" runs fmtutil and updmap unconditionally.

I suggest that it should also set and export a variable, say
"syswide_mode=1", and texconfig can then check for this.

I must say that I don't know whether texconfig is used much at all (I
never use it), but as long as we provide it we should also maintain it a
bit.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster