[tex-live] New infrastructure: Question and patch

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 27 01:33:21 CEST 2007

    would the team be opposed to using a sourceforge-like tracking system?

It's nothing I'm going to push, but there's already a texlive project at
berlios.de, and the bug tracker is enabled.  If anyone wants to do
anything with it, feel free.  (I'll be happy to enable more admins.)

Gee, I see I submitted 10 bugs there a couple years ago :).  Maybe someone
who is enthused about bug tracking systems would like to check which
ones are still relevant?  At a glance, some are and some aren't.
http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?group_id=1268

Personally it is not clear to me that having this infrastructure really
makes anything easier or better in our case.

    Or even a Debian-like...

This is off the topic, but what I don't like about the Debian bts is the
constant "thank you for submitting information" autoreplies.  I don't
need to know this.  Is it possible to turn that off?  (I just filter
them now, but it's a waste.)

karl