[tex-live] building binaries for FreeBSD-STABLE amd64

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:24:36 CEST 2007

Hi there,

On 26/07/07, George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com> wrote:
> There was some recent traffic on the FreeBSD ports list discussing an
> OpenBSD port, and I've been playing with that author's notes and
> working on a FreeBSD version.

I am the author of the OpenBSD port. Nice to meet you (or maybe we
already have?), and hello again Nikola.

The build is the same as anywhere else, so long as your ports system
does not use the gnu DESTDIR variable (which the OpenBSD one does in
order to install the package into a fake LOCALBASE directory. This
hugely aids the creation of packing lists etc). If your ports system
does use DESTDIR, then your goinf to have to spend some time patching
the sources, or using my patches if they are compatible with the
freebsd ports system.

It is on the list to try to get some of these patches upstream, but
higher priority for me is testing all the ports that use teTeX using
texlive. I'm trying to get tl linked to the pkg build (although it's
committed, its not considered ready for use until the tests are
complete) for OpenBSD-4.2, but it is going to be a race to the finish.

--
Best Regards

Edd