[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jul 23 02:01:13 CEST 2007

    If it's always `:' on Unix-likes and always `;' on Windowsen,

As far as I can see, it is.  The kpse_path_expand function in expand.c
outputs the elements separated by ENV_SEP, where ENV_SEP is defined in
c-pathch.h with the usual #ifdef's.  There is also some agony to deal
with Windows drive specs.

David, I guess that causes trouble for auctex somehow, but I'm afraid I
don't understand what you're proposing.  Sorry.

(Perhaps it would be better to simply always use ; as we do in
texmf.cnf, but I'm afraid scripts might be depending on the separator as
it is now.)

Karl