[tex-live] os/2 support

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 22:05:25 CEST 2007

2007/7/5, Siep Kroonenberg <siepo at cybercomm.nl>:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 02:29:38PM +0100, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:
> > How about Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007;
> > does that support OS/2, does anyone know ?
> > I'm quite impressed with it, for a freebie ...
> >
> > Philip Taylor
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/overview.mspx
>
> So yes, it supports some versions. But Virtual PC requires a Windows
> host, leaving aside the PPC Mac version, which is very very slow.

The website of VirtualBox shows snapshots of eComStation (the
successor of OS/2) as a guest system. Unfortunatelly I did not manage
to make it work on 64bit dual-core machine. I thus still need a
separate computer for OS/2 and it has very little free disk space :-(

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/