[tex-live] bug of beamer in texlive 2007?

John Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 19:28:58 CEST 2007

Someone here has stumbled across what looks to me like a
Beamer-dependency or -configuration bug in TeXLive 2007. There's another
report of it in an article in comp.text.tex dated the 10th June:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/4c37e564790366db
The problem is not present in the same version of Beamer (3.06) as
provided in TeXLive 2005.

There a similar report about a Beamer bug in TeXLive 2007 in
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/tex-live/2007-March/013317.html - not
knowing Beamer well, I find the reply to be enigmatic. I note, however,
that the complainant says that, again, the problem doesn't happen with
the same version of Beamer in TeXLive 2007.

Can someone confirm, please, that at least the first issue above is a
real bug, and point me at a bug fix? The first article above suggests
replacing Beamer 3.06 by "Beamer 3.07", but that is not (yet?) available
from the Sourceforge project page for Beamer -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/latex-beamer/

John A. Murdie
Department of Computer Science
University of York