[tex-live] texdoc in luatex

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Jul 1 12:12:34 CEST 2007

Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp> writes:

>> -for path in string.gmatch(pathlist, "[^:]*") do
>> +for path in string.gmatch(pathlist, "[^:;]*") do
>>
>> should do.
>
> Unfortunately that does not work.
>
> texdoclua -s bibtex
> gives
>
> Directories that match:
> /usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex/
> /usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex/base/
> /usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex8/
> /usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex8/base/
> ... ...
>

> While in the case of
> for path in string.gmatch(pathlist, "[^;]*") do
>
> I correctly have
>
> Directories that match:
> c:/usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex/
> c:/usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex/base/
> c:/usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex8/
> c:/usr/local/share/texmf/doc/bibtex8/base/
> ... ...
>
> Note that drive letter is absent in the former case.
> You have to choose a different path separator
> according to the kind of OS.

Personally, I'd prefer something like (don't know the expressions,
though):

for matching purposes, independent of platform.  It will mean that
under Unix, single-character relative directory specs will have to be
preceded with "./" in order to be recognized correctly.  And it will
disallow using either : or ; within paths itself (except for a
directory spec).

But it will also mean that stuff basically works identically on each
platform, regardless of which platform a script extending a path has
been assuming.