[tex-live] Problem installing TeXLive on Windows XP Pro

Massy Soedirman massys at noos.fr
Wed Jan 31 11:34:35 CET 2007

I did download TeXLive2007 iso and tried to install it.

I get this message

Erreur: could not read "D:/TeXLive2007/bin/win32/mktexpk.exe":
no such file or
directory

could not read "D:/TeXLive2007/bin/win32/mktexpk.exe": no such
file or directory
could not read "D:/TeXLive2007/bin/win32/mktexpk.exe": no such
file or directory
    while executing
"source $filewininstall"
    invoked from within
".f.nb.frm1.f24.b2 invoke "
    invoked from within
".f.nb.frm1.f24.b2 instate {pressed !disabled}
{ .f.nb.frm1.f24.b2 state
!pressed; .f.nb.frm1.f24.b2 invoke } "
    (command bound to event)

which is essentially the same problem I had with TeXLive2005.

I should emphasize that I know this is not a problem with TeXLive
but it's
related to a problem with my installation of Windows XP.

What I'm trying to avoid is having to reinstall Windows on my
computer so it
would be  very nice if the problem could be identified and a
way around suggested.

Of course if  that's impossible I will end up reinstalling Windows.

Thanks in advance

Again, sorry for being off topic but it seems to me this is
the place where
people are aware of the ressources from  Windows XP that
are used during
installation.

Massy Soedirman