[tex-live] texlive docs --- lucida fonts?

ivo welch ivo_welch at brown.edu
Fri Jan 26 22:23:40 CET 2007

hi reinhard---apparently, the installation was less successful than I
thought.  It plainly did not work (my doc apparently received CM fonts),
even though I think I erased everything that existed before (all linux
env variables), deleted all tex files, local and otherwise, redid the
texlive installation, and tried to follow the lucida installation
instructions religiously.  I believed them to be:

 # cd /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/ ; unzip lucida.zip   # from ctan
    # this leaves me with a /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/lucida/ hierarchy
 # cp l*.pfb /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/local/bh/lucida/  # from purchase
    # note the above is a hybrid path, reading the lucida install file and noting that
    # lucida.zip creates /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/local/
 # texhash
 # updmap

(I also dropped a note in the lucida tug email group with the
details.)   In looking over your old responses to me, you note "You also
have to copy the entries in updmap.cfg".   Could you tell me how/where,
please?  Maybe this is the problem, because this is *not* what I did.

Any help or pointers how to fix this would be highly appreciated.  Sorry
to take everyone's time, but I presume I won't be the only one, and if
this goes into the google history, it will help others.

This is *not* your or even TeX's fault, but font installation is not an
easy subject.  I wish all I had to say was "sh install-lucida" and it
would all be done (like sh install-tl".

Regards,

/ivo