[tex-live] filename clash: economic/harvard.sty vs harvard/harvard.sty

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 23:07:20 CET 2007

Does the TeX FAQ have a section on filename clashes?

texlivetest2007-inst-20070115 on Fedora Core 5

texmf-dist/tex/latex/economic/harvard.sty
texmf-dist/tex/latex/harvard/harvard.sty

MiKTeX-2.5 also suffers from this problem.  The version in
economic causes problems for people expecting the
other one -- don't know if the reverse is also true.

I suppose this is unavoidable.   I'd suggest people who encounter this
complain to package authors and then copy the file they want to use to
a place like texmf-local earlier in the search path.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia