[tex-live] Test tlpm at Win32

Dirk Ullrich dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 19 21:21:49 CET 2007

2007/1/19, Staszek Wawrykiewicz <staw at gust.org.pl>:
> You mean rather tlpmgui (not tlpm command line tool which works
> as "engine"), right?
Yes, I mean tlpmgui. I'm sorry for being inprecise.

> > > 1) Perl will be unconditionally installed. At my system Activestate
> > > Perl isinstalled, its bin dir is in %PATH% and %PERL%LIB% is correctly
> > > set. Thus I don _not_ need another Perl installation. I must confess
> > > that I've found the old tlpm behavior--asking whether Perl should
> > > installed--more comfortable.
>
> Perl *is* installed only on demand. You will be asked to install it or
> not, just click "no" if you have Perl already installed.
To verify this I have started 2 more tries to install TL from scratch
at my Win box.
Well--you are right when I check "Perl" as a collection to install. In
this case I will be asked at the beginning of install process and then
I can deny the Perl installation. But when I *uncheck* the Perl
collection before starting the installation Perl will be *installed*
without any asking. (To be precise: I have checked *all* collections
but "Perl" and non-English documentation.)

Dirk