[tex-live] Bad .cfg files in TeX source tree?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jan 19 21:08:12 CET 2007

On 19 Jan 2007, at 4:00 pm, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 04:50:53PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:

>>> Setting it would nevertheless not do any harm.
>>
>> Hm, shouldn't it usually write papersize \specials in the dvi file,
>> then, suitable for dvips or dvipdfm, respectively?

That's actually what xetex does if the \pdfpage* dimensions are
specified, as it has to pass this info to the pdf-generating driver
somehow.

> Usually these specials set the papersize for the whole dvi file
> with *all* pages.

This depends on the driver. Some (dvipdfmx, at least) can change the
size for each page.

> \pdfpagewidth, \pdfpageheight can also set
> the papersize for individual pages. I don't know, how XeTeX
> behaves.

Similarly to pdftex, in that \pdfpagewidth and \pdfpageheight can be
changed during the job.

JK