[tex-live] Win32 Testing reports

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jan 17 21:07:51 CET 2007

  > Reihard:
  >> Two versions are not a problem at all, given that the entries of
  >> the new version are either prepended or appended to PATH *and*
  >> PERL5LIB.

  > imo installer should never install two versions of perl

Ok, it was a clash between TL2005 and ActivePerl.  Maybe the latter is
the culprit.

  >> There had been a bug in TL2005.  The binary search path had been
  >> at the beginning of PATH and the library search path had been at
  >> the end of PERL5LIB (or vice versa, I don't remember the
  >> details).  This cannot work.  Pawel wanted to fix it.  Maybe
  >> something went wrong, though.

I withdraw the sentence "There had been a bug in TL2005." because I
don't remember the details and the more I think about it, the more I
think that it's more likely that ActivePerl caused the trouble.

  > (? I don't remember such thing at all;

We talked about it in Bachotek.  AFAIR, we came to the conclusion that
it is sufficient not to select Perl by default in the installer and
that not much more can be done anyway.

  > my cmdline utility do not touch env vars.)

I used the GUI interface which appears when you put the CD into the
drive.  For some reason Perl found it's libraries which is quite
unlikely to happen unless PERL5LIB is set properly.

I suppose that setting env vars cannot completely be avoided.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25