[tex-live] font map files?

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jan 13 20:13:31 CET 2007

Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> writes:

> I notice that TL includes lots of *.map files under Master/texmf-dist/
> fonts/map/dvips, but very few (just a context set, basically) under
> Master/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvipdfm or Master/texmf-dist/fonts/map/
> pdftex. Is this correct?

It is correct for the "one big map file for each driver" approach
supported by updmap. The various subdirectories of TEXMF/fonts/map
contain map files with different syntax. Then updmap uses the files with
dvips syntax for both dvips and pdftex. For dvipdfm a suitable
translation is employed. I don't know enough about ConTeXt to judge
where these problems are comming from.

cheerio
ralf