[tex-live] getnonfreefonts-sys doesn't update updmap.cfg?

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at web.de
Thu Jan 11 21:19:24 CET 2007

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

> Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>>
>> It will not be shipped with TeXLive because the AFPL does not allow to
>> charge money for re-distribution.  That's the reason I wrote
>> getnonfreefonts.  We cannot put particular fonts into TeXLive even if
>> they are free enough for CTAN.
>>
> so, does it make sense to somehow get that licence changed?

Would be nice. I am not sure how realistic this is, though.

> so, does it make sense then to lm-inize this font (tex gyre project)?
> how strict is the licence in this respect?

AFPL does allow derived works, if they are clearly marked as such.
However, it is a copy-left license just like GPL, ie, any derived work
MUST use the same license as the original work. But then the TeX Gyre
Project ignores this requirement for the GPLed LW35 fonts already.

cheerio
ralf