[tex-live] problem with texmf.cnf in texlive-inst-2007-01-06

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez artemiog at mac.com
Sat Jan 6 21:17:10 CET 2007

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez wrote:
> I just installed the latest TeXLive test (inst) image on my PowerBook G4
> (running Mac OS X 10.4.8), and ran into a (minor) problem. Namely,
> during the installation I set $HOME/Library/texmf as my home texmf tree
>    (d 4 $HOME/Library/texmf), but after the installation process
> finished I checked texmf.cnf (found by kpsewhich in
> /usr/local/texlive/2007-01-06/texmf/web2c/) and noticed that TEXMFHOME
> was still set as $HOME/texmf.

I would just like to clarify my previous post. If I set TEXMFHOME to
$HOME/Library/texmf by using install-tl.sh's menus (d 4) then texmf.cnf
is changed accordingly. However, if prior to running install-tl (sudo -H
sh install-tl.sh) I set TEXLIVE_INSTALL_TEXMFHOME='$HOME/Library/texmf' by

export TEXLIVE_INSTALL_TEXMFHOME='$HOME/Library/texmf'

then install-tl.sh's d menu correctly reports $HOME/Library/texmf as the
value of TEXMFHOME, but texmf.cnf is NOT changed during the installation
phase, so it ends up with its default value $HOME/texmf.

Hope this helps,

Artemio