[tex-live] tlpmgui and linux

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 3 13:44:54 CET 2007

Hi Staszek!

On Mit, 03 Jan 2007, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> I'd like to announce still experimental (but very nice) GUI installer
> for TL on Linux. This is an alternative for install-tl.sh and it uses
> quite the same logic. Please try running setuptl/tlpmgui.

Ok, with export TLroot=... I could install it. Please mention it
somewhere.

I have already a TeX installation, and want to try TL2006 out. So maybe
the following error is due to some interference.

in the postinstall action:
error copying "/usr/local/texlive2006/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.us" to "/usr/local/texlive2006/texmf-var/tex/generic/config/language.dat": no such file or directory

There is no /usr/local/texlive2006/texmf-var, it was not created.

After clicking "Ok" in the error window tlpmgui seems to hang. No
action. The turning pointer. The status tells me
	Please wait ... Postinstall action ...
but nothing happens. ps ax does not show anything.

Furthermore, I always get a message:
	Write file tlpmgui.ini failed! Check permissions for write.
Of course I cannot write to the cd/loop image. Is this intended?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena