[tex-live] jigdo

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Feb 4 19:41:01 CET 2007

Hi Thomas,

    I read "If you are able and willing to make TeX Live also available via
    jigdo, please email." on the web site and thought I could give it a try.

Thanks!

    Downloading from scratch via jigdo is quite slow

Hmm.  My understanding was that jigdo is something like bittorrent, ie,
if the image propagates around to many sites, the net download time is a
lot faster.  (Not to mention decreasing the load on the central server.)
Is that wrong?

    How many files do change between Tex Live releases?

Lots, probably most.  It's not presently set up to be downloaded
partially or in combination with older releases.

    Is there an rsync-Server for Tex Live?

Sure, rsync tug.org::
will list the rsync modules I've set up.

    "upgrade" this resulting test image to the final Tex Live 2007 when it's

The final image should be done within days or less, but the only
"upgrade" is to download the new image ...

Thanks,
Karl