[tex-live] ifxetex package missing from collection-xetex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Feb 1 22:54:36 CET 2007

  >> In my opinion TeXLive's selling point is that it behaves similar
  >> on all platforms.

  > I'm not convinced that's true.  I use (and recommend) TeX Live
  > because it provides me (and others) with a nice standard TeX setup
  > for Windows.

Phil, as you know I'm not a Windows user (except at work).  Most
Windows users use MikTeX (I had been told).  I don't know anything
about MikTeX but I assume that you tried it.  Can you explain briefly
why you prefer TeXLive over MikTeX?  Many MikTeX users I know never
tried TeXLive and I don't know anyone who is using TeXLive on Windows
but has experience with MikTeX too.  I'm quite interested to know what
people like/dislike in MikTeX/TeXLive.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25