[tex-live] TexLive 20070128 doesn't work well under Win32

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Feb 1 21:15:27 CET 2007

Hi Staszek,

  > Have you installed CJK package? It is not included in the default
  > medium scheme...

As far as I anderstand he did not install anything but is running the
live DVD.

  >> D:\tex\cjk-4.7.0\examples>kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMF
  >>{!!C:\TeXLive2007\texmf-var,Y:/../texmf-local,!!Y:/texmf,!!Y:/../texmf-local,!!Y:/texmf-dist}

Apparently "Y:" is his DVD drive and he set TEXMFVAR in the
environment because it points to the DVD by default.

BTW., TEXMFLOCAL has to be set similarly if needed.

What I do not understand is why latex doesn't find CJKutf8.sty though
it's definitely there and the entry in texmf-dist/ls-R is correct.
Other files are found, though.

  >> y:/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/sample2e.tex
  >> y:/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls

I do not see any other solution than to activate kpathsea's debugging
facilities (section 2.6.3 in the kpathsea info manual).

BTW., I did not have the impression that he wants to bother Karl.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25