[tex-live] Matching TL package setups to my own

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Aug 24 04:06:38 CEST 2007

Karl Berry writes:

 >     Scheme-gust and scheme-tetex for instance depend
 >     on both Collections and Packages directly.
 >
 > That's normal and unavoidable.

Karl, sorry, but I totally agree with Gerben and I doubt that it's
unavoidable.  It is very difficult to write an installer if a scheme
or collection can contain arbitrary stuff.

It would be nice if a scheme is just a set of collections.  Everything
would be significantly easier if there would be collections like
collection-tetex, collection-gust, or collection-xml which contain all
the required packages.

The fact that schemes contain packages is very nasty indeed.

What Gerben asks for is to provide a reasonable structure.  I totally
agree with him.  What we have at the moment is horrible.

Karl, if things will remain as messy as they are, I doubt that anybody
is able to provide a reasonable installer before TL-2008 will be released.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25