[tex-live] [NTG-pdftex] Runtime limitations on open files?

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Aug 20 02:58:52 CEST 2007

Hi David,

> So can we have the one-liner extending the number of open files to
> 2048?  And as a bonus point, can somebody tell me how I get a working
> Windows executable once this has been done in the source?

(1)
Plese get

ftp://akagi.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/pub/TeX/win32/pdftex-w32.tar.gz

and expand the tarball in a suitable temporary directory.

(2)
Copy "pdftex.dll" and "kpathsea356.dll" into bin/win32 of texlive.

(3)
Copy pdftex.pool into the directory for pool files of texlive.

(4)
Throw away all files in the tarball except for the above three.

Note that pdftex.pool must be replaced, because pdfTeX version
is different from TeXLive 2007.

Best regards,
Akira