[tex-live] [NTG-pdftex] Runtime limitations on open files?

Philip TAYLOR Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Sun Aug 19 15:44:15 CEST 2007

George N. White III wrote:
> On 8/19/07, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
>
>> 2007/8/19, Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh at royal-tunbridge-wells.org>:
>>> Martin, it was your "rant" [1] (Hans's terminilogy) that triggered
>>> this debate; you are the last person to be in a position to
>> That wasn't a rant (and it was with tongue in cheek), that was a try
>> to state a fact that David didn't make clear: That his problems (and
>> his fix) where on Windows. This could all have been over sooner if
>> David had given more information up front.
>>
>> If you want to continue this discussion, fine; but please leave
>> ntg-pdftex out of this.
>
> What would be useful is discussion of particular problems that need
> to be addressed, with the objective of 1) educating those of us with
> experience slanted to one platform and 2) coming up with solutions.

Agreed.  I would also add that, as a non-member of the NTG-PdfTeX list,
all of my postings /must/ have been approved by the moderator.  I can
therefore only think that the moderator regards them as being sufficiently
on-topic to allow them onto the list, even if Martin disagrees.

** Phil.