[tex-live] zip'ed archives in the installed TeXLive tree

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 18 19:56:00 CEST 2007

    by chance I found that there are a number of zip files in texmf-dist/doc

Well, I don't disagree that many of these would be better unpack, but
(generally) TL copies what's on CTAN, and (generally) CTAN takes what
the authors give them.  So the authors are the ones who should be
contacted.

    - TeXLive2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/greektex/ywcl.zip

That way on CTAN.

    - TeXLive2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/webeq/acrotex.zip

Acrotex and related are so weird (and so Acrobat-dependent) I have never
had time or energy to try to get them working.  I think I'll just remove
that webeq package from TL for now.  If it ever becomes more feasible to
install, we can revisit it.

    - TeXLive2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/stellenbosch/templates/masters-sample.zip
      TeXLive2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/stellenbosch/templates/report-sample.zip

They're just docs.  That way on CTAN.

Thanks,