[tex-live] How do I create the ls-R file in an arbitrary directory under Windows?

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Mon Apr 16 18:27:03 CEST 2007

"George Pearson" <george.pearson at mackichan.com> wrote:

> How do I create the ls-R file in an arbitrary directory under Windows?
>
> Using mktexlsr seems to only regenerate the files for some predetermined set
> of directories.

Change TEXMFDBS in texmf.cnf:

% Where to look for ls-R files.  There need not be an ls-R in the
% directories in this path, but if there is one, Kpathsea will use it.
%
% By default, this is only the !! elements of TEXMF, so that mktexlsr
% does not create ls-R files in the non-!! elements -- because if an
% ls-R is present, it will be used, and the disk will not be searched.
% This is arguably a bug in kpathsea, but we will not think about it now.
TEXMFDBS = {!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFDIST}

I don't think this is different on Windows and other platforms.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)