[tex-live] How do I know svn has worked if I get this output?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 24 23:16:18 CEST 2006

    Subject: [tex-live] How do I know svn has worked if I get this output?

Indeed, I think it didn't work.  You can check by comparing your files
in the given directory to the online stuff at
http://tug.org/svn/texlive (or rsync yourself a copy).

    svn: Can't copy
    'Master/texmf-dist/doc/generic/pstricks/.svn/text-base/CHANGES.svn-
    base' to
    'Master/texmf-dist/doc/generic/pstricks/.svn/tmp/text-base/CHANGES.svn-
    base.tmp': No such file or directory

I assume the line breaks are email artifacts.  This seems like something
went wrong in the SVN directories -- perhaps an empty directory got
removed (outside of svn)?  I have had that issue before, but I've never
seen svn itself corrupt its files.

Hmm.  Perhaps the easiest way to recover is to rm -rf
doc/generic/pstricks and then svn update it again.  At least, I think
that should work.

Sorry,