[tex-live] Contact to Donald Arseneau (was: [Frank Küster] Some license questions about your packages)

gnwiii at gmail.com gnwiii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 19:41:33 CEST 2006

On 9/4/06, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>           import.sty:    "this software is free of any restrictions"
>           relsize.sty:   "public domain", nothing else
>           braket.sty:    "This is free, unencumbered, unsupported software."
>           notoccite.sty: "unrestricted software contributed to the public domain"
>           sansmath:      "public domain", nothing else
>           titleref.sty:  "public domain", nothing else
>
> FWIW, I see no problem with any these.

Only a lawyer would see problems -- here in Canada a "misplaced" comma
in an industry-standard boilerplate contract clause seems to have cost
one large telco a few million $.

Cleaning up licenses is not only important for TeX itself, but also
serves as an example of "best practices" that will encourage others to
exercise care with licensing.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia