[tex-live] package updates ...

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Oct 10 01:41:02 CEST 2006

Hi Karl!

On Sam, 07 Okt 2006, Karl Berry wrote:
>     # texmf-dist/tpm/fancynum.tpm
>     # texmf-dist/tpm/hyperref.tpm
>     # texmf-dist/tpm/labelcas.tpm
>
> For all of these, can you write the author?

>From these only hyperref is left after Robins fixes. But I don't want to
write to authors for now, I doignore it.

>     # texmf-dist/tpm/active-conf.tpm
>         the subdirs on CTAN 2006-version and example contain the same files!
>         the check compares different files
>         ctan2tds calls MAKEflatten which is bad
>
> I guess I didn't notice the files were the same.  Can you straighten out
> ctan2tds.pl so it does something reasonable?  I guess active-conf has to
> have its own routine :(.  Or ask the author to make the filenames
> unique.

Maybe, I will put it on a TODO list.

> 	The whole AMS stuff doesn't work, I didn't get it at least to work
>
> The actual AMS files are ok (I believe), it's just the checking that
> doesn't work, due to using the TDS zips, etc.  Ignore for now.

Ok, ignored.

> 	MAKEbeebe needs work, this is true!
>
> Right.  If you care to tackle it, that would be cool.

Uff, later on.

>      /src/TeX/texlive-svn/Build/tools/tpm-ctan-check: cannot find tpm
>      file devanagr
>
> devanagr was replaced by velthuis.  I removed the former from
> tpm-ctan-check.

Thanks.

> 	tlpkginfo finds info/lshort/german instead of the hyphen patterns!
>
> The special cases in tlpkginfo need to be rearranged, I guess.

Sic, butalso for later.

> 	turkish is not defined in the @languages array in Tpm.pm, so files in
>
> Thanks, I added it.  (Those explicit lists are a pain to maintain.)

No idea, but it still doesn't work. I have to recheck.

> 	occurs on CTAN/support/proof/
>                 a program to work with TeX/MF files
>         occurs on CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/proof/
>                 sty file for generating LK proofs
>         the Catalogue entry refers to the first

Fixed.

>         not a tpm, note that pst-tree.{tex,sty} seems to be distributed
>         together WITH pstricks, ie as part of it. So it should be
>         deleted from the tpm-ctan-check as a own package!
>
> How utterly confusing.  Ok, can you remove it from tpm-ctan-check please?

Removed it.

> There is running tlrebuild -n and dealing with all the reports of files
>   not in the tpm's, etc.  That's probably most in line with what you've
>   been doing so far.

Ok, this is what I am doing now. Will se what comes up.

> There are hyphenation files to sort out if you care to work on that
>   incredibly frustrating task.

No.

> There are some patches to apply to the sources.
> There are the program sources to update in general (e.g., dvipng).

I prefer not to hack around in sources, not enough experience.

> And, of course, there are endlessly more packages to check on.  The
> ultimate goal would be for every package in TL to be tpm-ctan-checked
> against CTAN ...

Do you have a system in this. Take one tpm by the next and add it to
tpm-ctan-check?

> Or, maybe you want to rest on your laurels for a while :).

There is no rest. In fact while hacking here I also have to prepare the
packages for TL2005 for Debian/testing which will become stable soon
(freeze in a few days, maybe), and I want to push an update to testing
before the freeze. After etch is release I will probably start to make
preliminary Debian packages for the current svn.

Could we add a TODO file somewhere in the svn, probably the ROOT on what
should/could be done, and with comments like the above, so that it not
gets lost? I will start with it, and you are welcome to extend it.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena