[tex-live] examination of software repositories

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Nov 13 20:43:51 CET 2006

      http://keithp.com/blog/Repository_Formats_Matter.html

Interesting reading, thanks.  Git is fine for Keith and X and whatever
else (we might use it for gnuzilla), but I have no intention of losing
another year migrating TL to something else.  Especially when the UI is
declared as "needs improvement".  I certainly don't claim that svn is
optimal, but I think it works well enough, and there are plenty of other
more important things to work on.

By the way, I plan to upgrade subversion on tug soon, and hopefully then
make use of the new repository compression features that were mentioned
earlier.

Thanks,
Karl