[tex-live] teTeX like rpm packages of TeX Live

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed May 31 20:25:59 CEST 2006

In teTeX: no next release thread, Frank Küster wrote:

> > With respect to teTeX being "dead" now - sitting on my hard drive
right
> > now is a set of "teTeX like" RPMs built from TeX Live 2005. I could
not
> > use pristine source because of bootstrap issues (you need TeX
installed
> > to unpack the dtx files).
> >
> > I'm not quite ready to make them public, but I think it is the right
> > solution for people (like me) who like the teTeX packaging.
>
> It would be interesting to look at this.

I've had a couple (two) requests to see that now, so:

http://www.tetexrpm.org/texjive.html

There's still work that needs to be done (most notably, it does not seem
to link against system freetype even when I ask it to).

Also - I'm not sure why it is doing this, but it builds/installs
lcdf-typetools when I specifically ask it not to - deleting the
lcdf-typetools directory solves that though.

But is a start.

If someone wants to do for RPM what Debian has done - more power to
them, but this is works for me, and is preferable for me, maybe for some
others too.