[tex-live] Strange license of ukhyphen

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat May 27 22:11:48 CEST 2006

Hi Sebastian!

On Sam, 27 Mai 2006, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> > I think Phil's license, while highly unusual and hopefully will not be
> > emulated, *is* (barely) acceptable as free software.
> >

> but its already been rejected by Debian, no?

No. I thought (and I am already sorry to have kicked of this discussion)
that it was removed from tetex because of the current license and not
the old one.

So for now I leave it in, also in the Debian packages. We brought it to
debian-legal, without response till now. If there is a change, you will
hear from me.

Best wishes

Norbert

EDGBASTON (n.)
The spare seat-cushion carried by a London bus, which is placed
against the rear bumper when the driver wishes to indicate that the
bus has broken down. No one knows how this charming old custom
originated or how long it will continue.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff