[tex-live] Missing Courier AFMs found

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu May 11 10:31:04 CEST 2006

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

>   > Have there been any news on the licensing front? Utopia as well as
>   > the URW fonts from GhostPCL are *not* DFSG free. Utopia does not
>   > even allow derived versions.
>
> Why does the license matter?  Jacko creates some shapes from scratch
> which have noting to do with Adobe Utopia, only the metrics will be
> compatible.

Really? I had the impression they wanted to use pf2mt1 to translate the
Type 1 fonts to metatype1 format and then work from that. But I might
have got that wrong.

Recreating all the glyphs in metatype1 without using the existing glyphs
sounds like an awfull lot of work. Whether or not that is legally and
morally ok is a different question.

cheerio
ralf