[tex-live] svn for TeX Live

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue Mar 14 09:20:54 CET 2006

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Die, 14 Mär 2006, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> A fine thing of P4 was the ability to exclude some directories from
>> checking out.  Can subversion do something similar?  In particular, I
>> only need binaries for x86, not for the other platforms...
>
> I don't know a direct way, but you can check out the whole bunch, then
> rm -rf the directories you don't need, and edit the file .svn/entries
> in the parent dir to remove the <entry .../> you just deleted.
[...]
> Probably there is a simpler way ...

Yes, there is - IIRC Florent Rougon explained the details on
debian-tetex-maint at lists.debian.org last summer when we moved to
Subversion.  It went along

svn checkout -N trunk
cd trunk
svn checkout <interesting directory>
svn checkout <other interesting directory>

Then IIRC you have to add the new directories and will get the "success
message" `already under version control' or similar.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)